Amazing cherry-choc brownies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 16 pieces
200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
250g butter, chopped
205g brown sugar (dark)
4 organic free range eggs
200g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
40g cocoa powder
30ml cherry liqueur
12 fresh cherries, pitted & halved
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm square cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place chocolate & butter in a small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
3. Pour into a bowl with the brown sugar and eggs. Add the cherry liqueur and stir to combine.
4. Sift over flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix to combine.
5. Pour into prepared cake tin and sprinkle cherry halves on top.
6. Bake for 45mins or until set. (Brownies should still be slightly gooey in the middle).
7. Serve warm or cool with ice-cream or cream... or both!!!